[Samba] Samba4/DNS question

Quinn Plattel qiet72 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 01:31:19 MDT 2012

Sorry for the double mail.  I wasn't sure if it went through the first time.

I answered my own question and discovered that samba4 does not use named db
files at all but it's own database.  Before I was editing named db files to
add entries which was actually the wrong way to go about.  The correct way
was either through Windows DNS Manager or through samba4's samba-tool.
There is absolutely no need to create db files at all as named just updates
the database though the samba so library.

Anybody know of a gui way to update the dns that is not windows based?

qiet72