[Samba] smb.conf for around 2500 users

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Thu Jul 5 06:24:41 MDT 2012

On 05/07/12 10:48, Jonathan Buzzard wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-07-04 at 17:11 +0200, steve wrote:

> The result of this is that we have been removing the automounter from
> the equation.

Hi Jonathan
The possibility of being able to get the automount schema into Samba 4
is remote at the present moment. Although I have a schema ldif for ith,
and I can apply it using ldbmodify without errors, I can never restart
samba afterwards. So autofs is being done from /etc/auto.x files.
Sending that stuff across on a permanent nfs share and linking may be an
option. There are about 80 Linux clients to do.
Cheers,
Steve