[Samba] Samba Share - MS Excel when saving "can't access the file, there are several possible reasons"

Gibransyah Fakhri gibransyah at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 03:33:00 MDT 2012

On 3 July 2012 13:11, Daniel Müller <mueller at tropenklinik.de> wrote:

> directory mask=2770
>         force directory mode=2770
>         create mask = 2770
>         force create mode=2770
>         force security mode=2770
>         force directory security mode=2770
>         force group= yourgroup
>
> Give the directory the sticky bit for the group

Hi Daniel and mueller, firstly thank you for the fast response.

Daniel, You saved my day, it works !.
what happen here, why i must set the sticky bit for each directory  ?

This is the funny history about this.
Client A, B, and C share "tangled threads" excel works about 3.4 GB.
They working sequencely,
if client A  has finished, then client A will copy all that 3.4 GB to
client B and client C notebook with a flash disk xD.
as well client B and C, they doing that carousel ritual each day. :))

Finally we create samba file sharing to change their ritual. :)

Now, i'm worried about the virus issue which someday can infecting the
file, "windows client here".
Is samba is the correct way to solve a problem like this ?

Mmm.. actually, we also have a 2nd scenario to convert their ritual to
revision control using git.
cheers,

--
Thinking out of the box