[Samba] winbind craps out, NT_STATUS_PIPE_BROKEN

Matthew Baker matt.baker at bristol.ac.uk
Sun Jan 29 16:21:00 MST 2012

Hi Jay,

thanks for your comments on your workaround. I too come from an
environment where there are 1000s of users to pick from who're unlikely
to login. I found that using the command "getent passwd username" just
came back empty when the aforementioned error shows in the log. I don't
suppose you've noticed a point in time when the pipe "breaks"? I would
be interested to find what causes the break, a change in AD or the
server running winbind? If we could detect the break then we might be
closer to the root cause.

Many thanks,

Matt

| Infrastructure, Systems and Operations  it-sysops at bristol.ac.uk      |

--

  Matthew Baker :: Senior Systems Administrator :: University of Bristol