[Samba] The Recycled PIDs Fix

Fri Jan 27 03:00:19 MST 2012

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 02:57:55AM -0700, Manoj Dahal wrote:
> This seems to be good for us for the time being.  What
> should we assume the value of UINT64_MAX,
> 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF or 0x7FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF ?
>
> And the question is how soon the "don't verify this unique
> id" code can be added in smbd if unique_id is UINT64_MAX?

The procedure is for you to file a bug at
bugzilla.samba.org and provide a patch. If that patch is
reviewed positively, it will end up in the next released
Samba version. For your OES, you can simply add the patch to
your internal build process.

With best regards,

Volker Lendecke

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de