[Samba] The Recycled PIDs Fix

Manoj Dahal mdahal at novell.com
Wed Jan 25 07:18:34 MST 2012

** Low Priority **

Hi Volker,

For the time being trivial one will be good enough, provided the patch will be accepted in the upstream
and it works well with existing code.

Moving forward we can think of having cluster support as well.

Appreciate your continuos support on the issue.

Thanks,

-Manoj

>>> Volker Lendecke <Volker.Lendecke at SerNet.DE> 1/25/2012 7:08 PM >>>
Hi!

Sure it can be modified to do that. What part of the last
mail I sent needs clarification? The non-clustered version
is relatively minor work, serverid.c is pretty trivial.
Adding the clustered version is definitely more work.

If you need any specific guidance to write a clean-room lgpl
serverid.c, feel free to ask the questions here. I will be
more than happy to review the patch once you have it.

With best regards,

Volker Lendecke

http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de