[Samba] NTLMv2 pass-through

Uri Simchoni uri_simchoni at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 22 06:01:45 MST 2012

Hi,
I have a Samba 3.2.15 server member of a Windows 2008 domain.If I try to connect to the server using a non-member Windows 7 machine, and AD credentials, it fails.If I try the same with XP it succeeds.If I change local security policy LAN manager auth level to "Send LM & NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated" - it succeeds.
It appears I have some trouble doing pass-through NTLMv2. I didn't find any evidence that it shouIs there some limitation in Samba/Windows 2008/The protocol itself? Is it a known bug fixed in a later Samba version?
Thanks,Uri.