[Samba] lib/access.c:check_access message fills my log

Marcus Schopen lists at localguru.de
Fri Jan 20 09:45:24 MST 2012

Hi,

in the logfile of one of my WinXP SP3 clients I see this message once a
second and thousands over the day

[2012/01/20 17:27:22, 2] lib/access.c:check_access(323)
  Allowed connection from  (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)

The client is in the same internal subnet with the PDC. I checked the
client and access to the shares, roaming profile and printing works
fine. After restarting the client the logging begins again.

Is something wrong with the client or with samba? I don't see any other
clients of my 300 WinXP clients with this behavior, therefore I think it
could be a problem with the Windows client. Any ideas?

Ciao
Marcus