[Samba] LDAP password store

Tom Harvey tom at onefinestay.com
Wed Jan 18 12:27:29 MST 2012

Hi all,

I have an openLDAP backend on my Samba installation, and it's using the LDAP attribute sambaNTPassword to store the NT hashed password for the users.

This is allowing for windows users to auth against the PDC and linux users are authenticating through the samba PAM module

Now, I want to use this openLDAP backend for a GoogleApps SSO service and this expects to find the password as a SHA hashed password in the LDAP entry userPassword

So, I'd like samba to take it's auth from this password field or else we will end up with out of sync passwords; one for some services and one for others.

Suggestions?

Thanks

Tom Harvey