[Samba] Set primary group of file on samba share from windows

Hubert Kario hka at qbs.com.pl
Sun Jan 8 11:42:54 MST 2012

On Sunday 08 of January 2012 08:41:18 TAKAHASHI Motonobu wrote:
> From: Hubert Kario <hka at qbs.com.pl>
> Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 23:36:58 +0100
>
> > Unfortunately, I'm unable to set the primary group using windows file
> > permissions dialog, I can only add and remove ACL groups.
>
> Have your groups manupulated from Windows already added correctly
> using "net groupmap list" or other method?
>
> Have you correctly set "set primary group script"?
>
> And your Samba joined AD and run Winbind?
>
> As far as I examined we can change primary group via Samba under
> certain environment.

I was referring to primary group of files and folders (mentioned in "acl group
control" section in smb.conf man page).
"set primary group script" is used for users, not files, AFAICT.

I can set primary groups of users with my LDAP editor without problem.

Regards,
--
Hubert Kario
QBS - Quality Business Software