[Samba] winbind not working with openlikewise

Wed Jan 18 14:45:07 MST 2012

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 07:36:31PM +0000, Eric Smith wrote:
> I'm having a problem with winbind not able to start. I've
> joined an active directory domain successfully using
> likewise and for brief time this was working, people were
> able to mount drives by their active directory account. I
> know that likewise is working because I'm successfully
> able to ssh into the box using these accounts. But now
> windbind has stubbornly refused to start. Yet strangely
> when I run net ads info I get good information back but
> winbind claims this " Could not fetch our SID - did we
> join?"
>
> Any thoughts?

As far as I know parts of likewise functionality is exactly
what winbind does. So it does not really make sense to run
them simultaneously. Either run winbind or run likewise.

With best regards,

Volker Lendecke

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de