[Samba] Rejecting auth request from client xxx machine account, win7,

ESGLinux esggrupos at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 03:59:18 MST 2012

Hi All,

I have a strange problem with my SAMBA server as PDC.

I have some win7 machines joined to my domain but when I try to access some
folders on the server I get  messages like these:

Authentication for user [machine$] -> [machine$] FAILED with error
NT_STATUS_WRONG_PASSWORD

[2012/01/17 11:34:52,  0]
rpc_server/srv_netlog_nt.c:_netr_ServerAuthenticate2(555)
  _netr_ServerAuthenticate2: netlogon_creds_server_check failed. Rejecting
auth request from client machine machine account machine$

I have added the machine to the LDAP,

I have only the problem with the win7 machines. I think the problem has
begun some days ago. Before It works fine (win7 update perhaps?)

I have checked this url:
http://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Windows7

But it does not solve the problem.

I have samba-3.3.7-1 installed.

I have not idea which can be the problem, any help from there?

Thanks in advance

ESG