[Samba] MSDFS on [homes] share for two samba servers

Jonathan Buzzard jonathan at buzzard.me.uk
Tue Jan 17 01:31:26 MST 2012

On Tue, 2012-01-17 at 08:27 +0100, Daniel Müller wrote:
> THis is what is working:
>
> Msdfs root and host msdfs and msdfs proxy are the things you need.
> You have a server let's call A.
> A is your redirection server to any share on other servers.
>
> You need in you smb.conf ex:
> [global]
>
> host msdfs=yes
>
> [homes]
> Msfds root=yes
> Msdfs proxy= \serveronwhichyourhomesharesare\homes

That is not going to work for the requested setup as the server on which
homes share resides is different for different users. For example users
tom and dick could be on servera while user harry could be on serverb.

This setup would proxy all the homes shares to one server.

JAB.

Fife, United Kingdom.