[Samba] Samba 4 ldb_wrap open of idmap.ldb

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Mon Jan 16 12:42:33 MST 2012

>> # The distinguished name to bind to the server with.
>> # Optional: default is to bind anonymously.
>> binddn cn=Administrator,cn=Users,dc=hh3,dc=site
> I think you want CN=nslcd-user,CN=Users,DC=hh3,DC=site here.
>
>> # The credentials to bind with.
>> # Optional: default is no credentials.
>> # Note that if you set a bindpw you should check the permissions of this
>> file.
>> bindpw 1234 at Abc
> I think if your Kerberos config is working correctly this should not
> be necessary.
If I don't put the password it will not connect to LDAP. If I do a kinit
Administrator and restart nslcd, it does connect without a password. But
then that will only last for 10 hours before Administrator has to a
kinit again. Is there a way around this? I know it's something to do
with principals but have so far not been able to wor out which to apply.
Cheers
Steve