[Samba] Samba 3.6 problems with idmap rid
jakov.sosic at srce.hr
Mon Jan 16 01:24:54 MST 2012
On 01/16/2012 09:15 AM, David Roid wrote:
> Ever since upgrade to 3.6, wbinfo -u working but wbinfo -i hitting
> WBC_ERR_DOMAIN_NOT_FOUND has been a headache, seems winbind always fails
> to get the domain info for individual idmap the VERY FIRST TIME you
> start it after upgrade or join a domain. Most of times I manage to solve
> it by using:
> idmap config * : range = 10000-20000
> idmap config * : backend = tdb
> idmap config MYDOMAIN : default = yes
> idmap config MYDOMAIN : range = 100000-200000
> idmap config MYDOMAIN : backend = rid
> If above snip doesn't work, try your luck with changing "idmap config *"
> options back to old-style "idmap uid/gid = ...." + "idmap backend = tdb"
> while keeping your domain-specific options new-style, ought to solve it.
> My observation is, it's like you have to give winbind/idmap a kick start
> and once you get wbinfo -i working, you can again change back to "idmap
> config *" (otherwise testparm will complain).
Yeah I tried that but then identity mapping is very strange. For
instance, first user I ask for with wbinfo -i "username" gets UID 10001,
second gets 10002, third 10003 - and that's nowhere near the behaviour
of autorid in 3.5 :-/
More information about the samba