[Samba] MSDFS on [homes] share for two samba servers

Michal Bruncko michal.bruncko at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 04:32:23 MST 2012

Hello Daniel,

also thanks for your answer. Your second hint with msfds proxy: it can
be applied also for homedirectories/homes shares? Because it seems like
just whole share redirect (directly from configuration file) to another
server/share.

I think that maybe this can be applied on virtual server, but this
statements need to be added for everyone user in organization... so it
is little more laborious, but in result we can use the most simple url
for every user in form \\virtual.filesrv\user. And in configuration
there should be:

[user_on_B]
msdfs proxy=\\hostB\share-on-B

or

[user_on_A]
msdfs proxy=\\hostA\share-on-A

it is correct understanding of msdfs proxy?

thanks

michal

thanks

michal