[Samba] Samba4 error joining W2003 DC

Juan Pablo Lorier jplorier at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 13 02:14:58 MST 2012

Hi Felix,

Thanks for your post. I have no smb.conf as the compiler don't create one after install, I was just commenting a previous answer to my question.
I was looking further at the joining process and I see that the script is trying to create entries in the AD at a strange CN. Maybe it's right, but I don't know how to browse into the AD to check if it's correct that the script tries to create an entrie there. Here is the weird output line:

Adding CN=VPDC,CN=Servers,CN=Nombre-predeterminado-primer-sitio,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=montecarlotv,DC=com,DC=uy

translated this should be something like: Adding CN=VPDC,CN=Servers,CN=name-default-first-site,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=montecarlotv,DC=com,DC=uy

Maybe the problem is with the script not dealing with the AD in spanish...
Regards,