[Samba] samba-tool samba3upgrade question

Deyan Stoykov dstoykov at uni-ruse.bg
Thu Jan 12 05:33:51 MST 2012

Hi everyone,

I'm looking into using this tool for migration to samba4, however I'm
unable to determine if it requires any intervention on the domain
members like ADMT does? After looking into the source code I see that
the domain SID remains the same. Does this mean that the members (WinXP
& 7) will continue to function properly? Will they start using AD
membership functionality such as Group policies and kerberos automatically?

Regards,
Deyan

Deyan Stoykov, dstoykov at uni-ruse.bg
System administrator
Computing and Information Services Center
University of Ruse