[Samba] Integrate windows ADS Connection

Jessica Guynn jessguynn at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 01:19:40 MST 2012

I got samba with winbind and pam to integrate with windows 2008 ADS.  I am
able to net ads join and also see the users and groups via wbinfo.  But my
samba connection is not working and not showing when I try to mount in
windows.  No errors pop up under smbstatus. Below is the smb.conf

[GLOBAL]

   workgroup = ARCH
   realm = ARCH.LOCAL
   netbios name = ARCHPROJFC

   password server = 192.168.1.40
   preferred master = no
   server string = %h server (Samba %v, Ubuntu)
   encrypt passwords = yes
   enable privileges = Yes
#   dns proxy = no
   log level = 3
   log file = /var/log/samba/%m
   max log size = 50
   security = ADS
   printcap name = cups
   printing = cups
   winbind enum users = Yes
   winbind enum groups = Yes
   winbind nested groups = Yes
   winbind separator = +
   idmap uid = 600-20000
   idmap gid = 600-20000
   ;template primary group = "Domain Users"
   template homedir = /home/%D/%U
   template shell = /bin/bash

[WORKSPACE]
   comment = Home Direcotries