[Samba] Samba server dropping off the domain

CJ Keist cj.keist at colostate.edu
Thu Jan 5 15:00:05 MST 2012

I have strange problem.  Installed 3.6.1 on SL Linux (Scientific Linux
release 6.1 (Carbon)).

Compiled:
./configure --prefix=/WWW/apps/samba-3.6.1 --with-quotas
--disable-shared-libs

make and make install all clean.

Joined to our windows domain via command:
./net join -S domainserver -w DOMAIN -U adminuser

Start up Samba via web gui and all is working for about 40 minutes to an
hour. At which point it stops allowing connections.  Only fix is to stop
Samba and rerun the net join command and then restart Samba which it
will work for about 40 minutes and then stop again.

Anyone seen this before?

Conf:
[global]
	workgroup = DOMAIN
	server string = Web Server
	security = DOMAIN
	passdb backend = smbpasswd
	map untrusted to domain = Yes
	log level = 1
	log file = /var/log/samba/logs/log.%m
	name resolve order = host bcast
	unix extensions = No
	keepalive = 0
	max open files = 10000
	socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_KEEPALIVE
	load printers = No
	dns proxy = No
	lock spin time = 3
	remote announce = xxx.xx.xxx.xx
	idmap config * : range =
	idmap config * : backend = tdb
	strict locking = No

[WWW]
	comment = Web Pages
	path = /WWW/docs
	read only = No
	create mask = 0774
	directory mask = 0775
	inherit permissions = Yes

C. J. Keist                     Email: cj.keist at colostate.edu
Systems Group Manager           Solaris 10 OS (SAI)
Engineering Network Services    Phone: 970-491-0630
College of Engineering, CSU     Fax:   970-491-5569
Ft. Collins, CO 80523-1301

All I want is a chance to prove 'Money can't buy happiness'