[Samba] subdirectories have incorrect sizes

John de la Garza john at jjdev.com
Wed Jan 4 15:56:13 MST 2012

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 2:19 PM, Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 04, 2012 at 01:33:03PM -0800, John de la Garza wrote:
>>
>> I have another box running (Version 3.2.15) and it doesn't get size
>> right, but if the size isn't too small it does allow uploads.  I mean
>> to say if there is enough backing space it will not prevent me from
>> uploading.  Does this make sense or am I probably missing something?
>
> We don't check on writing to the file (we leave it to the OS to
> report "out of space"). However if the client checks if there's
> enough space before starting the copy it might fail.
>
> Jeremy.

It seems like I am seeing two different outcomes.  On Version 3.0.28a
I get a disk full if the containing directory for the mount point
(which is mounted to a usb stick with enough space) has too little
space.

on 3.2.15 it appears the same at first, but it doesn't actually stop
me if there is actually enough space on the dist (as opposed to the
reported space)

I am using the same client on both cases