[Samba] Samba Cluster integration with W2K8R2 ADS permission problems

Philipp Rusch - New Vision IT philipp.rusch at newvision-it.de
Wed Jan 4 12:56:03 MST 2012

We have a setup with three nodes - SLES 11 SP1 + HAE addon.
CTDB is managing SAMBA and winbind, I can see the shares on my shared
storage from my windows machines.
My problem is: CTDB-RA is inserting idmap backend = tdb2, this seems to
be needed for a clustered setup.
But how do I integrate with an ADS, then ?
I want to manage my users and groups from the Windows ADS controllers
and have SLES map them to the shares.
I don't want to create users on the linux side. Kerberos seems to work,
LDAP has problems.
I did not get a single userid to write to any share I defined. I can
only read from there, no modification is allowed.

We want to build a clustered fileserver for CIFS shares, therefore we
need a reliable way to integrate with an ADS.
Any hints highly appreciated.

- Philipp