[Samba] subdirectories have incorrect sizes

John de la Garza john at jjdev.com
Wed Jan 4 11:36:20 MST 2012

I am using Version 3.0.28a

I have a share setup a directory on my local file system.  In that
directory is another directory that is the mounted on a USB stick.

When using OS X I connect to there share its size is the size of the
directory on
the server (this is correct).  when I  change into a subfolder (actually mounted
on usb stick with larger size), I don't see the size change.

I am limited by the size of the containing folder.

here is some system stuff:

/tmp # df -h anon_smb/
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
none                      4.0M    740.0K      3.3M  18% /tmp
/tmp # df -h anon_smb/sda1/
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda1                 3.7G     21.1M      3.7G   1% /tmp/sda1
/tmp #

/dev/sda1 on /tmp/anon_smb/sda1