[Samba] Integrate windows ADS Connection

Wed Jan 4 08:40:26 MST 2012

On Wed, Jan 04, 2012 at 07:29:11AM -0800, Jessica Guynn wrote:
> Forgot to add, using likewise-open to add the ubuntu machine to the windows
>
> On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 7:20 AM, Jessica Guynn <jessguynn at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Creating a samba connection through windows 2008 ADS.  I was able to add
> > my ubuntu machine as a member of the windows 2008 domain but after
> > following this tutorial to create the samba connection
> > http://www.ubuntugeek.com/how-to-integrate-windows-active-directory-and-samba-in-ubuntu.html I
> > can no longer login with domain users.  My nsswitch.conf, krb5.conf, and
> > smb.conf files are pasted in:  http://pastebin.com/VKphVVwg

Can you try to take likewise-open out of the picture? Samba
with winbind has excellent domain membership features. What
are the specific likewise open features that you require
that winbind can not provide to you?

With best regards,

Volker Lendecke

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de