[Samba] Architecture of remote system: Win7 or W2k8R2 ?

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Jan 3 11:43:00 MST 2012

On Tue, Jan 03, 2012 at 11:24:37AM +0100, Alexander Födisch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there a possibility to distinguish Windows 7 and Windows Server
> 2008 R2? The architecture variable "%a" doesn't know Windows 7 or
> Server 2008 R2.

No way to do that at present. I looked into this a while ago and
it's a little difficult as different versions of Vista send different
SMB2 version strings, so it's hard even to tell different patch
levels of Windows Vista from each other.

If you can spot something in the negprot packet that's unique
for each version let me know and I'll code it up.

Jeremy.