[Samba] A windows user can create a file, but cannot delete

Victor Sudakov vas at mpeks.tomsk.su
Tue Feb 21 03:29:56 MST 2012

Daniel M?ller wrote:
> What kind of file? A simple txt-file or a office file....???

Any file, no difference.

> Did you watch the creation on the server?

Excuse me, what do you mean? Of course the file is created on the
server in the specified directory. But later on, other users cannot
delete it though they have write access to this directory.

> Is it only to one single user?

Any user. Unless the user is the owner of the file, or member of the
file's primary group, the user cannot delete the file via SMB.

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
sip:sudakov at sibptus.tomsk.ru