[Samba] A couple of quick questions

Daniel Patrick Sullivan dansullivan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 09:20:11 MST 2012

Hi, Everybody,

I have a couple of quick questions that I'm having a little of
difficulty with.  I'm guessing these will be pretty easy to answer.

The first is;

1) Is it possible to deterministically set the domain name that will
be used when the "winbind use default domain = Yes" option is
configured in /etc/samba/smb.conf?  I want to set a default domain,
however I do not want the default domain to reflect the domain
membership of the server.  I do not see this in the documentation,
although I admittedly haven't looked *that* hard.

2) I am using a configuration line such as the following to restrict access;

winbind use default domain = Yes

auth        requisite     pam_succeed_if.so user ingroup
AD\org_cri_cri_galaxy_administrators debug

This is working all fine and good, although I would like to actually
have another group.  It seems that whenever I add another similar line
the pam auth bombs out after the first failure.  Is it possible to
restrict authorization to multiple groups in this manner?

Thank-you so much for your help.

Dan Sullivan