[Samba] Group membership updates

Luis Marqueta luis at marqueta.org
Thu Feb 16 02:38:05 MST 2012

Hi, list.

I'm running samba-3.5.4 + winbind on a RHEL 5 server. I'm trying to
allow ssh logins to users in a particular Active Directory group in the
TESTDOMAIN domain.

My problem is that group membership seems to be updated when the user
logs in. So, if a remove a user from the allowed group, the first login
attempt is successful.

This is my samba/winbind configuration:

[global]
   workgroup = TESTDOMAIN
   password server = server1.testdomain server2.testdomain
   realm = test.domain
   encrypt passwords = yes
   netbios name = TESTSERVER
   security = ads
   ; idmap uid = 10000 - 20000
   ; idmap gid = 10000 - 20000
   idmap backend = tdb
   idmap uid = 1000000-1999999
   idmap gid = 1000000-1999999
   idmap config TESTDOMAIN : backend     = rid
   idmap config TESTDOMAIN : range       = 10000 - 49999
   idmap config TRUSTED : backend  = rid
   idmap config TRUSTED : range    = 50000 - 99999
   idmap config TRUSTED : base_rid = 1000

   winbind separator = +
   template homedir = /home/%D/%U
   template shell = /bin/bash
   winbind use default domain = false
   winbind offline logon = false
   auth methods = winbind
   log level = 3
   allow trusted domains = no
   winbind enum users = yes
   winbind enum groups = yes
   idmap cache time = 30
   winbind cache time = 10

nscd is not running, just in case it matters.

Any hint?

--
Luis Marqueta <luis at marqueta.org>