[Samba] Samba4 ldbmodify Unwilling to perform error 53

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Tue Feb 14 08:56:06 MST 2012

Hi everyone
samba --version
Version 4.0.0alpha18-GIT-bfc7481
openSUSE 12.1

If I do this:

ldbmodify --url=/usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb -b dc=hh3,dc=site
dn: CN=steve6,CN=Users,DC=hh3,DC=site
changetype: modify
add: objectclass
objectclass: posixaccount
-
replace: primarygroupid
primarygroupid: 1134

I get an error something like:  ERR: (Unwilling to perform) error 53

If however I do the ldbmodify in 2 stages:

ldbmodify --url=/usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb -b dc=hh3,dc=site
dn: CN=steve6,CN=Users,DC=hh3,DC=site
changetype: modify
add: objectclass
objectclass: posixaccount

and then:

ldbmodify --url=/usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb -b dc=hh3,dc=site
dn: CN=steve6,CN=Users,DC=hh3,DC=site
changetype: modify
replace: primarygroupid
primarygroupid: 1134

It works.

I tried with ldapmodify too. Same result.
Actually, I'm doing the ldbmodify stuff in a script. Still the same. I
have to do:
ldbmodify <the add stuff>
sleep 5
ldbmodify <the replace stuff>
What am I doing wrong? Maybe my slow hardware? Is it possible to add and
replace in one go?
Cheers,
Steve