[Samba] samba-tool set default group

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Sat Feb 11 15:40:48 MST 2012

On 02/11/2012 11:07 PM, Matthieu Patou wrote:
> On 02/09/2012 05:21 AM, steve wrote:
>> Hi
>> How do I set the default group for a user?
>>
>> e.g.
>> samba-tool group add opensuse
>> samba-tool group addusers opensuse steve
>>
>> But steve's default group is still Users.
>>
>> I'm looking for soething like this:
>> 'samba-tool group setdefaultgroup steve opensuse'
>>
>> But here isn't that command. I have to do it in Windows.
>>
>> Is there a command I'm missing?
>> Cheers,
>> Steve
>
> Do you know that you can use the windows admin tools again samba 4
> also, Administration pack for Windows XP/2003 or Vista/2008 are
> working very well against samba.
>
> With those tool changing the default group is just a breath.
>
> Matthieu.

Hi

Yes, but it seems overkill to have to tie up a whole Windows client when
all we need is a 3 line ldif to change primaryGroupID (Thanks to Geza
for pointing us at the correct attribute).

Having said that, are there any plans to include the (rather nice)
Resara front end for Samba4 with any official release?

Thanks for your time,
Steve