[Samba] samba-tool set default group

Gémes Géza geza at kzsdabas.hu
Fri Feb 10 10:28:10 MST 2012

>>> IMHO currently your best bet is ldbmodify.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Geza
>> I tried using phpldapadmin:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-oeTty-Y6HFo/TzT49_mZe3I/AAAAAAAAALE/zGb00l_WMC4/s320/ldapadmin.png

Same. I can add the user to the group but I can't find where the default
group attribute or object is in ldap.

>> What shoud I be looking for? Thanks, Steve
>>
> Sorry:
> http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-oeTty-Y6HFo/TzT49_mZe3I/AAAAAAAAALE/zGb00l_WMC4/s1600/ldapadmin.png

Hi,

You need to modify the user, not the group. The attribute you are
looking for is:
primaryGroupID

Regards

Geza