[Samba] Share-based security

Bruno Martins bmartins at galileu.pt
Fri Feb 10 09:35:10 MST 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Smith [mailto:smb_77 at chrissmith.org]
Sent: domingo, 5 de Fevereiro de 2012 21:05
To: Nico Kadel-Garcia
Cc: Bruno Martins; samba at lists.samba.org
Subject: Re: [Samba] Share-based security

On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 3:12 PM, Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Share to expose is 'formacao' but I want it to be only writable by two AD users and read-only for everyone else.
>>
>> Then you would want "read only = yes", yes?
>
> Then the admin users wouldn't be able to write to it, would they?

The "write list" parameter overrides the "read only" status for those listed.
I'm assuming that the two users listed in "write list = " are the the two AD users that are desired to be the only ones who can write to the share.

--

Yes, you're right mate.

Those users listed in smb.conf are the ones I want to give write access.

What happens is that there are two Windows domains, each one on corresponding subnet. When accessing from the "new" network, it asks me for credentials, but I just want guest and read-only access.

Thanks everyone that's helping me out on this.

Best regards,

Bruno Martins