[Samba] Incorrect domain SID when creating new users

Dermot paikkos at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 8 02:38:47 MST 2012

Hi,

I created a new user on our Samba domain master yesterday but the user
was unable to login from WinXP to the domain. I think they got an
error that a device connected to the system wasn't working. The user
was created using smbldap-useradd.

The logs showed this for the user workstation:

  _netr_LogonSamLogon: user FOO\efields has user sid
S-1-5-21-908662176-1457135431-1537874043-3288
   but group sid S-1-5-21-1979685110-1467996072-351907979-513.
  The conflicting domain portions are not supported for NETLOGON calls

I used the phpadmin interface to change the domain part of the SID so
it matched the domain and the user was able to login. The question is
where do I set the domain SID? I remember doing it at some stage when
I set-up the samba domain but I have forgotten.

Can someone point me in the right direction. Sorry for the lazy post,
I'm sure it I did some more digging I'd find it documented somewhere.
Thanks in advance,
Dermot.