[Samba] Joining Active Directory & wbinfo -u

Gilmour, Scott sgilmour at enterasys.com
Thu Feb 2 11:25:53 MST 2012

Hi,
I was able to join the domain correctly and from what I Understand I should see it added as A computer on my
Windows 2008 Server PC.  Is this true?  But when I do a wbinfo -u I do not see my domain users listed.
I was wondering if this is because we installed winbind4 rather than winbind?
I installed samba4 and winbind4 in Ubuntu 11.04 LTS
Thanks for everyones help,
Scott

root at FreeRadius:/etc/init.d#<mailto:root at FreeRadius:/etc/init.d#> net ads testjoin
Join is OK
root at FreeRadius:/etc/init.d#<mailto:root at FreeRadius:/etc/init.d#> net ads info
LDAP server: 20.1.180.55
LDAP server name: 2008ServerR2.SQA.net
Realm: SQA.NET
Bind Path: dc=SQA,dc=NET
LDAP port: 389
Server time: Thu, 02 Feb 2012 09:27:31 EST
KDC server: 20.1.180.55
Server time offset: -124
root at FreeRadius:/etc/init.d#<mailto:root at FreeRadius:/etc/init.d#> wbinfo -u
Error looking up domain users
root at FreeRadius:/etc/init.d#<mailto:root at FreeRadius:/etc/init.d#>