[Samba] Samba AD DC migration and official packages

Federico Alberto Sayd fsayd at uncu.edu.ar
Thu Dec 27 09:42:52 MST 2012

Hello:

Recently I have tried Samba AD DC (Samba4), because I want migrate our
Samba 3 installation to Samba AD DC (Samba4). My tests were
successfully, I could migrate a copy o f my samba 3 installation.

Now I want to migrate my real installation to Samba4 but my question is
about packaging. For now there is not a  v4.0 stable Samba package in
Debian Wheezy, and I don't want install a rc version.

  I can compile and install Samba 4 in Debian, but what about a future
migration to official and stable packages provided by Debian? How
painfull would it be such a migration?

Can someone confirm what archives does contain the essential domain data
(Kerberos, LDAP, DNS, etc) to migrate in the future to a packaged Samba
AD DC?

Any answer or suggestion is welcome

Thanks, Federico

PD: Sorry for my basic English