[Samba] Error with active Libvirt Bridge (virbr0)

Börje Johnsson borje.johnsson at hrmsoftware.se
Mon Dec 17 14:56:45 MST 2012

Just want to report an error in samba configuration / setup.
I installed Samba 4 GA on a fresh installation of Ubuntu 12.04. The server
is a testbed and has the virtualization package installed also.

I have two network interfaces exept lo: eth0 and virbr0.

In the provisioning step samba correctly finds my eth0 network interface:

   Looking up IPv4 addresses
   More than one IPv4 address found. Using 172.20.10.19

After I provision Samba I try to test according to the HOWTO and host
lookup fails:

# host -t SRV _ldap._tcp.hrt.local

After i disable virbr0 everything works as intended (i reran the
provisioning step, haven't checked if that was nessesary).

host -t SRV _ldap._tcp.hrt.local
_ldap._tcp.hrt.local has SRV record 0 100 389 hrmfile.hrt.local.

cheers
BJ