[Samba] Difference between real and reported disk usage

Berni CED ced at bernispa.com
Mon Dec 17 14:36:32 MST 2012

Pieter De Wit <pieter <at> insync.za.net> writes:
> What is the underlying file system, ext4 ? I wonder if it will be worth
> trying this on XFS, perhaps it behaves better with newer Windows clients
> ? Is this an option for you ?

Hi Pieter!
Yes i'm using ext4 but since the file transferring was done on a test PC, i've
repeated all the work without "strict allocate". So the problem is resolved for
me (and i've learnt not to use that option).  ;-)

I've simply posted here the details about the trouble i had because i wasn't
sure if it was a normal or a bogus behaviour that deserve to file a bug. And i'm
not sure yet but from the reply i had looks the former.

Cheers.

Cesare.