[Samba] using samba4 as an authentication source

Admin admin at bbs1emden.de
Mon Dec 17 12:54:58 MST 2012

Hi,
i have to deploy a integrated services platform consisting of a samba3,
web-groupware and email (exim+cyrus) service, which has very limited
options for user management. This new server is  to replace a windows
2008 server. I am free to create all users anew.
I'll try to configure it to use an external source as a single source of
authentication and join the samba3 to a samba4-Domain but i'm unsure
about the mail and webservices: should i/can i use samba4's build in
ldap server? Or would it be better to use the kerberos service? Or winbind?
I would appreciate any advice for the most standard conformant way to
get things working.

Thanks a lot
Malte