[Samba] Following symlinks

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Fri Dec 14 21:12:11 MST 2012

I'm struggling with following symlinks with samba on the recent
versions. I cannot use mount -bind as I've seen others suggest. This is
for my mythtv backend, so I'm using the rename script to create nice
names for the recordings.

Anyway, I can map the drive from Windows XP and Windows 7, and see
symlinked files, but I cannot open or copy them as I used to be able to do.

My system is opensuse 12.2. My smb.conf looks like:

[global]
         unix extensions = no
         workgroup = WORKGROUP
         printing = cups