[Samba] Fwd: samba_dnsupdate principal and TKEY unacceptable

Tushar Dalvi tushar.dalvi.samba at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 19:16:51 MST 2012

Thanks for the reply Andrew.
I had made sure the keytab was accessible to bind but it still failed.
Looked like it was an SPN issue.

samba_dnsupdate tried to use DNS/host at DOMAIN.LOCAL (not
DNS/host.domain.local at DOMAIN.LOCAL).
Using samba-tool, when I added an spn for DNS/host to the dns-host user and
exported the keytab to dns.keytab, then bind accepted the TKEY.
I am wondering what caused samba_dnsupdate to use DNS/host instead of
DNS/host.domain.local spn.

Regards,
Tushar