[Samba] Building NTP RPM Fails on CentOS 6.3

Stephen Jones lloydsystems at fastmail.com.au
Wed Dec 12 17:23:37 MST 2012

Hi,

I built ntp-4.2.6p5 on CentOS 6.3 for my Samba4 server.  The
instructions in the HowTo are not quite right (at least for CentOS).
Make only the following changes to the ntp.spec file:
1.  Update the version/release numbers
2.  Comment out all 'patch' lines
3.  Add the '--enable-ntp-signd' option after '--enable-linuxcaps'
4.  Add the line '%{_sbindir}/sntp' after the '%{_ntptime}' line

Ignore the suggested edits related to 'man' entries or it will not
compile, as you have found.  With the above changes rpmbuild will work.
It seems in the latest version of the HowTo they have removed the
rpmbuild instructions altogether.

Regards,

Stephen Jones
Lloyd Systems Engineering