[Samba] Help pls. -- Samba permission question

Gary Dale garydale at torfree.net
Wed Dec 12 10:45:07 MST 2012

If you want the CIFS permissions to be set correctly, use the Samba/CIFS
tools to set them (ie. set them from the client. Don't set them using
Unix permissions on the server).

Your example shows you setting the group to managegroup but your
smb.conf forces the group to management. Which is it?

The last line in your server commands I believe should be chmod, not chowm.