[Samba] Proper way to upgrade from rc1?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Dec 11 16:20:11 MST 2012

On Tue, 2012-12-11 at 21:24 +0100, Szymon Życiński wrote:
> Hello
>
> I want to upgrade rc1 to final. What are correct steps to do it?
> Downaload, build, install in the same dir and then:
> /usr/local/samba/bin/samba-tool ntacl sysvolreset
> Is that all? Or any other steps are required?

Running the dbcheck command suggested in the release notes might also be
a good idea, but we haven't intentionally made changes that would hit.

A late change turned on read ACL enforcement, but your directory won't
have the correct ACLs set, so you can set 'acl:search=false' to return
to rc5 behaviour here, until we provide an upgrade script.  (This seems
to hit joining windows DCs to the domain in particular).

Andrew Bartlett