[Samba] Samba3 and crackcheck

Dominique dcouot at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 11 08:08:06 MST 2012

On 11/12/2012 15:43, TAKAHASHI Motonobu wrote:
> From: Dominique <dcouot at hotmail.com>
> Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 13:45:51 +0100
>
>> I've got samba3 on ubuntu 12 up and running with one exception. I try to
>> get password complexity working to no avail.
>> I understood I needed crackcheck, which in turn needed to be compiled.
>> I downloaded the samba-doc package, and tried to compile crackcheck with a
>> simple make, but all it returns is failure with the following error:
>> crackcheck.c:6:19: fatal error: crack.h: No such file or directory
> You need to install the library of cracklib. For ubuntu, libcrack2-dev is
> its package name.
>
> ---
> TAKAHASHI Motonobu <monyo at monyo.com>

Thanks,

That got rid of that error.And of course a new one shows...

gcc  -O2   -c -o crackcheck.o crackcheck.c
crackcheck.c: In function âmainâ:
crackcheck.c:132:8: warning: assignment discards âconstâ qualifier from
pointer target type [enabled by default]
gcc  -O2 -lcrack -o crackcheck crackcheck.o
crackcheck.o: In function `main':
crackcheck.c:(.text.startup+0xc4): undefined reference to `FascistCheck'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [crackcheck] Error 1

Any ideas for that one?

Dominique