[Samba] Samba3 and crackcheck

Dominique dcouot at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 11 05:45:51 MST 2012

Hi,

I've got samba3 on ubuntu 12 up and running with one exception. I try to
get password complexity working to no avail.
I understood I needed crackcheck, which in turn needed to be compiled.
I downloaded the samba-doc package, and tried to compile crackcheck with
a simple make, but all it returns is failure with the following error:
crackcheck.c:6:19: fatal error: crack.h: No such file or directory

I have gcc installed as well as libtool.

Where can I find the crack.h file ?

Can anyone steer me in the right direction ?

Thanks,

Dominique