[Samba] Winbind losing Trust with the AD domain

Pascal kolijn p.kolijn at vu.nl
Mon Dec 10 04:54:13 MST 2012

Peace,

To answer my own question/post, I seem to have found the culprit. It
looks like it is indeed something very simple, and I could even blame it
on the AD ( more or less)...

:o)

The userAccountControl attribute is a structure that contains flags
pertaining to the user account: (See http://www.selfadsi.org
/ads-attributes/user-userAccountControl.htm)

As the AD guys on request set the attribute to 33554432 it was actually
set to 33554432+512 making the account a normal user UF_NORMAL_ACCOUNT
with the UF_NO_AUTH_DATA_REQUIRED flags set.

And that explains the lost of TRUST.

Solution:

The join used to set it to: 69632 (4096 (UF_WORKSTATION_TRUST_ACCOUNT) +
65536 (UF_DONT_EXPIRE_PASSWD))

So knowing all this: the value needs to be set to 33624064. The original
join value + the 33554432 (UF_NO_AUTH_DATA_REQUIRED).

Simple.

--
                               \\\//
                              ( o o )