[Samba] MMC crashes with rc6

Thomas Simmons twsnnva at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 17:43:03 MST 2012

Hello,

I am having a problem after performing a classicupgrade with rc6. This did
not happen with previous RCs. When adding any of the AD MMC snap-ins from a
member computer, MMC crashes with the error below. I have the provision
scripted and am using the same ldif, smb.conf and /var/lib/samba, so I'm
fairly certain the only difference is rc6. I am testing with a Win 7 VM
image that was joined to S3. I restore it each time I provision to verify I
can login to existing systems, so even that's the same. One thing to note,
if I provision rc5, login with this VM, shut it down and then provision
rc6, I don't have the problem.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: mmc.exe
  Application Version: 6.1.7600.16385
  Application Timestamp: 4a5bc808
  Fault Module Name: dsadmin.dll
  Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17514
  Fault Module Timestamp: 4ce7c618
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: 0000000000049717
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: fe9a
  Additional Information 2: fe9ada6e5173959adf48eb8bcf42009a
  Additional Information 3: e888
  Additional Information 4: e8882ed1eba1626dfcb33f05b2c2092a