[Samba] Samba4 RC5 BIND9 and DHCP

Preston Kutzner shizzlecash at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 16:32:51 MST 2012

I'm attempting to get a recent build of S4 rc5 + Bind9 + ISC DHCP server
running.  I've got everything pretty much set up, have attempted to
implement a modified version of the script from here:
http://blog.michael.kuron-germany.de/2011/02/isc-dhcpd-dynamic-dns-updates-against-secure-microsoft-dns/
but I keep getting a "TKEY is unacceptable" error.  I've even
attempted to
step through the process contained in the script manually, but I still get
the same error.

Which keytab file should I be using in the first place, I haven't found
docs explaining that.  I know that the Windows clients update on their own,
but we have some Mac/Linux clients as well that I would like to be able to
have their entries updated dynamically.

Any help would be appreciated, even an "RTFM" as long as I can get pointed
to the relevant FM...

For a little bit of filler info, this is for a new domain that will be a
sub off our TLD (finally moving this to best practices) and we will be
migrating clients over to the new domain.  I have the domain provisioned,
Bind9 is working, as well as DHCP.  Windows clients update their entries
just fine, however clients that need to use the external script can't
update due to the TKEY error I'm getting.  This is the last piece of the
puzzle for me, so any help would be appreciated.

--
Preston Kutzner