[Samba] winbind - samba4

Hleb Valoshka 375gnu at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 13:11:39 MST 2012

On 12/3/12, Clodonil Trigo <clodonil at nisled.org> wrote:
> I am using centos 6.3 and did the migration from samba3 to Samba4. More the
> "getent passwd" does not return users.
> I made the link:
> ln-s /usr/local/samba/lib/libnss_winbind.so.2 / lib/libnss_winbind.so
> ln-s /lib/libnss_winbind.so /lib/libnss_winbind.so.2

I had similar problem but with Debian package, so I'm not sure that
I'll help you (debian samba4 package is rather interesting thing) but
in my case the problem was that libnss_winbind expects socket to be in
/tmp/.winbind/ (or .winbindd? Check with "strings".) while winbind
component stores it in /var/run/samba4/winbind/ (I don't know the
correct path for your case). Try to make bind mount of socket
directory or set correct path in smb.conf.