[Samba] Samba3 PDC and Windows 8 RTM

TAKAHASHI Motonobu monyo at monyo.com
Mon Dec 3 09:53:54 MST 2012

From: Didster <didster at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 13:57:03 +0000

> Hi there,
>
> I have just purchased a new PC that came with Windows 8 Pro (Shudder...).
> I have been trying to add this machine to my Samba3 based domain.

In my environment, Windows 8 Pro 32bit with registry patched can join Samba
3.6.6 domain.

Here is my smb.conf:

-----
[global]
  workgroup = SAMBA366
  domain logons = yes
  passdb backend = tdbsam

  add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -s /bin/false %u
  max protocol = smb2
  min protocol = smb2

  log level = 3

 [homes]
   writeable = yes
   browseable = no
-----

> I'm getting the following error when doing so:
>
> The following error occurred when DNS was queried for the service location
> (SRV) resource record used to locate an Active Directory Domain Controller
> (AD DC) for domain "<blah>":

This seems that DNSNameResolutionRequired value is not applied...

---
TAKAHASHI Motonobu <monyo at monyo.com>